P. S. E S H C H E N K O,
Professor, Doctor of Econ. Sci., Sci. Adviser of the Department of Economic Sociology,
Institute of Sociology of the NAS of Ukraine
©Eshchenko Petrî Stepanovóch, 2017; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE MODEL OF SOCIAL PROTECTION OF UKRAINE’S POPULATION MUST BE CHANGED
The article is devoted to the analysis of the current model of social protection of Ukraine’s population. On the basis of statistical data, its negative effect on the majority of people is demonstrated. The necessity to change the model of social protection of the population by means of the stimulation of a demand, which foresees the use of a new mechanism of formation of incomes in the country, is substantiated. Such mechanism must allow the employee to distribute his/her incomes in such proportions: direct taxes – 20–40%, housing payment – 25–30%, allocations into nongovernmental pension funds – about 5%, purchase of commodities and services – up to 30–40%. Such structure of the expenditure of population’s incomes will stimulate the production of people consumer goods and services, give the work to many persons, and stabilizes country’s economy.
Our country should refuse the existing differentiation in the payment for work by means of its increase on the whole. In this case, the rate of growth of wages should be in branches, where the wages are lower than the low provision limit. Certain changes in the structure of incomes and the share of the payment for work in it are necessary.
A new model of social protection of the population (rather than the improved or modernized old one) must be based on the basically new economic policy, whose objects would become the employee and his/her essential interests. First, a similar policy requires the creation of conditions, under which the main source of a material welfare of a person is the work in any production sphere. Second, it is possible at the attainment of the social compromise. Such conditions will allow one to ensure a certain stabilization in the society and to develop a scientifically grounded program of Ukraine’s socio-economic development for 15–20 years. It should be a program of common efforts, which can be realized only in the case where it will take the interests of all strata of the population into account and will become commonly recognized.
Keywords: socio-economic policy, poverty, inequality, incomes, wages, pension, social services, social protection (ðð. 3–17).
1. Basu K. Po Tu Storonu Nevidimoi Ruki: Osnovaniya Novoi Ekonomicheskoi Nauki, pod red. I. Chubarova [Beyond the Invisible Hand: Groundwork for a New Economics], edited by I. Chubarov. Moscow, Gaidar Institute, 2014 [in Russian].
2. Politicheskaya Ekonomiya: Proshloe, Nastoyashchee, Budushchee, pod red. V.M. Geitsa, V.N. Tarasevicha [Political Economy: Past, Present, and Future], edited by V.M. Heyets, V.N. Tarasevich. Kiev, TsUL, 2014 [in Russian].
3. Marx K. Kapital [Capital]. Moscow, Gospolitizdat, 1955 [in Russian].
4. Salin P. Vernut’sya k Kapitalizmu, chtoby Izbezhat’ Krizisov [Revenir au Capitalisme, pour Eviter les Crises]. Moscow, Gaidar Institute, 2015 [in Russian].
5. Stiglitz J. Tsena Neravenstva: Chem Rassloenie Obshchestva Grozit Nashemu Budushchemu [The Price of Inequality: How Today’s Divided Society Endangers Our Future]. Moscow, Eksmo, 2015 [in Russian].
6. Krugman P. Vykhod iz Krizisa Est’! [End This Depression Now!]. Moscow, Azbuka Biznes, Azbuka-Attikus, 2013 [in Russian].
7. Libanova E. Ukraina: glubina neravenstva [Ukraine: depth of the inequality]. Zerk. Nedeli – Week’s Mirror, 2016, No. 35, available at: http://gazeta.zn.ua/internal/ukraina-glubina-neravenstva-_.html [in Russian].
GOVERNING THE ECONOMY: THEORY AND PRACTICE
O. O. B U L A N A,
Cand. of Econ. Sci.,
Senior Sci. Researcher of the Department of State Finances,
Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the NAS of Ukraine
© Bulana Oleksandra Oleksandrivna, 2017;
STATE’S HELP TO DOMESTIC ECONOMIC ENTITIES
AND ITS TRANSFORMATION IN THE FRAME OF THE EU-UKRAINE ASSOCIATION AGREEMENT
Due to the economic recession in 2014–2015 in Ukraine, a large number of measures on state’s support of enterprises were called off. In the present work, the transformations of state’s support of enterprises in Ukraine for 2007–2015 are considered, and the attempt to evaluate the further tendencies in this direction is made. Since Ukraine has obligations concerning the implementation of EU’s secondary legislation concerning state’s support of economic entities, state’s support of enterprises will be changed with regard for EU’s rules.
EU’s rules concerning state’s support of regions and enterprises aimed at the protection of the environment are analyzed. It is established that, according to the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, our state can realize the maximally intense measures in state’s support of the regional development for 5 following years. But due to the significant delay of Ukraine in the development from EU’s regions, it is quite probable that such conditions will be applied for a longer period.
The author has shown that the approaches to the support of the renewable power industry should be changed, by ensuring the gradual transition of this branch to market conditions. It is concluded that the implementation of EU’s rules concerning state’s support into the domestic legislation remains a lot of possibilities for the backing of investment projects related to the power industry and the regional development. The fulfilment of the European rules will promote the enhancement of the quality and the efficiency of state’s support of enterprises in Ukraine.
Keywords: state’s support of enterprises, EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, regional state’s help (ðð. 18–30).
1. Bugaenko N.M. Suchasni tendentsii rozvytku systemy derzhavnoi dopomogy v ES [Modern tendencies of development of the system of state’s aid in EU]. Statyst. Ukrainy – Statist. of Ukraine, 2010, No. 1 (48), pp. 92–98 [in Ukrainian].
2. Chernikov D.O. Modernizatsiya Systemy Derzhavnoi Pidtrymky Sub’ektiv Gospodaryuvannya v Ukraini [Modernization of the System of State’s Support of Economic Entities in Ukraine]. Kyiv, NISS, 2013 [in Ukrainian].
3. Holzler H., Libanova E., Efómenko T. et al. Zvit pro rezul’taty doslidzhennya derzhavnoi pidtrymky sub’ektiv gospodaryuvannya v Ukraini. Garmonizatsiya systemy derzhavnykh zakupivel’ v Ukraini zi standartamy EC [Report on the results of studies of state’s support of economic entities in Ukraine. Harmonisation of Public Procurement System in Ukraine with EU Standards], 2015, available at: http://eupublicprocurement.org.ua/wpcontent/uploads/2015/04/STATE-SUPPORT-STUDY_UKR_20.04.2015.pdf [in Ukrainian].
4. Otsinka Vplyvu Ugody pro Asotsiatsiyu/ZVT mizh Ukrainoyu ta ES na Ekonomiku Ukrainy, za red. V.M. Geitsya, T.O. Ostashko, L.V. Shynkaruk [Estimation of the Influence of the EU-Ukraine Association/ZFT Agreement on Ukraine’s Economy], edited by V.M. Heyets, T.O. Ostashko, L.V. Shynkaruk. Kyiv, Inst. for Economics and Forecast. of the NAS of Ukraine, 2014, available at: http://ief.org.ua/docs/sr/282.pdf [in Ukrainian].
5. Implementatsiya Ugody pro Asotsiatsiyu mizh Ukrainoyu ta ES: Ekonomichni Vyklyky ta Novi Mozhlyvosti, za red. V.M. Geitsya, T.O. Ostashko [Implementation of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement: Economic Challenges and New Possibilities], edited by V.M. Heyets, T.O. Ostashko. Kyiv, Inst. for Economics and Forecast. of the NAS of Ukraine, 2016, available at: http://ief.org.ua/?p=6246 [in Ukrainian].
6. Nicolaides Ph. Brexit and state aid: the day after, available at: http://stateaidhub.eu/blogs/stateaiduncovered/post/6529.
7. Stiglitz J.E., Charlton A. Spravedlivaya Torgovlya dlya Vsekh. Kak Torgovlya Mozhet Sodeistvovat’ Razvitiyu [Fair Trade for All: How Trade Can Promote Development]. Moscow, Ves’ Mir, 2007 [in Russian].
8. Lunina I., Bilousova O., Bulana O. Byudzhetno-podatkove stymulyuvannya innovatsiinoi diyal’nosti [Budgetary-tax stimulation of the innovative activity]. Ekon. i Prognoz. – Econ. and Forecast., 2016, No. 1, pp. 41–56 [in Ukrainian].
9. Stuart E., Cemnolonskis S., Rogins’ka Ya. Zvit pro stvorennya karty regional’nogo rozpodilu derzhavnoi dopomogy v Ukraini. Garmonizatsiya systemy derzhavnykh zakupivel’ v Ukraini zi standartamy EC [Report on the mapping of regional distribution of state aid in Ukraine. Harmonisation of Public Procurement System in Ukraine with EU Standards], 2014, available at: http://eupublicprocurement.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Report-on-Regional-mapping-UKR.pdf.9 [in Ukrainian].
10. Neumark D., Simpson H. Place-based policies. NBER Working Papers, 2014, 20049, available at: http://www.nber.org/papers/w20049.
11. Friederiszick H.W., Merola Ì., Erede Â. Regional state aid control in Europe: A legal and economic assessment. ESMT Working Paper, 2015, 15-05, available at: https://www.e-ca.com/sites/default/files/esmt-15-05_1.pdf.
12. Buts C., Jegers M. The effect of subsidies on the evolution of market structure, available at: http://www.stateaid.gr/images/article-attachments/The_effect_of_SA_on_competition_Cresse.pdf.
E. V. O B U K H O V,
Professor, Doctor of Econ. Sci.
© Obukhov Evgen Vasyl’ovych, 2017;
ESTIMATION OF THE COMPLEX USE OF WATER RESOURCES OF THE KAKHOVS’KE WATER RESERVOIR FOR
60 YEARS OF ITS EXPLOITATION
Fresh water resources of the land are the most valuable for the economic and personal needs of persons. The economic usage of water resources increased sharply in the second half of the XX century due to the increase in the industrial production and, in the first turn, in its most water-consuming branches, as well as due to the intense development of the hydroelectric power industry. The building of hydroelectric power plants and water reservoirs favors the complex use of water resources for the electric power production and the creation of conditions for the shipping, industrial and communal water supply, irrigation, fishery, and recreation. The intense usage of natural waters by participants of the water economic complex on the Dnieper river causes a change in numerous qualitative indicators of the state of waters as a natural resource. The goal of the present article is the estimation of the economic usage of water from the Kakhovs’ke water reservoir for the period of its exploitation (1956–2015), including the period of Ukraine’s independence (1992–2015).
As a result of studies, we have constructed the chronological plots of expense indicators of the reservoir concerning the locking, irrigation, and water supply and calculated the main and specific indicators of the water consumption from the reservoir for the indicated periods of its exploitation (prior to Ukraine’s independence established in August 1991 (36 years) and after it – till 2015 (24 years)). The analysis shows a decrease relative to the mean perennial value for 60 years (1956–2015) of the volume for a locking by almost trice for 24 years (1992–2015) and almost twice for 36 years (1956–1991) of the exploitation of the reservoir, which indicates a significant decrease in the river shipping intensity on the Kakhovs’ke water reservoir and on the whole Dnieper river after 1991. The total and specific indicators of the water consumption for the hydroelectric power production, irrigation, and water supply from the aquatory of the Kakhovs’ke water reservoir for the indicated periods of its exploitation are practically close to the mean perennial volumes of its water consumption for 60 years.
Keywords: water reservoir, water balance, water resources, indicators, estimation, period of locking, irrigation, water supply, efficiency (pp. 31–40).
1. Obukhov E.V. Zabezpechenist’ naselennya Ukrainy vodnymy resursamy na pochatku 2014 roku, v: Mat. ²Õ Mezhd. Nauk.-Prakt. Konf. “Problemy Ekologicheskoi Bezopasnosti i Razvitiya Morekhozyaistvennogo i Neftegazovogo Kompleksov” [Provision of Ukraine’s population with water resources at the beginning of 2014, in: Proceed. of the IX Int. Sci.-Pract. Confer. “Problems of Ecological Security and Development of the Marine Economic and Oil-Gas Complexes”]. Odessa, UD IASES – Passazh, 2015, pp. 86–91 [in Ukrainian].
2. Obukhov E.V. Nadgranychno nedopustymi kontsentratsii zabrudnyuval’nykh rechovun v stichnykh vodakh baseiniv osnovnykh ukrains’kykh richok [Overlimiting inadmissible concentrations of contaminants in waste waters of the basins of main Ukrainian rivers]. Ukr. Gidrometeor. Zh. – Ukr. Hydrometeor. J., 2012, No. 10, pp. 153–157 [in Ukrainian].
3. Fedonenko O.V., Esipova N.B., Sharamok T.S., Marenkov O.M. Gidroekologichnyi stan Kakhovs’kogo vodoskhovyshcha [The hydroecological state of the Kakhovs’ke water reservoir], available at: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/old_jrn/Chem_Biol/pbte/2010_15_2/Fedonen.pdf [in Ukrainian].
4. Lyanzberg O.V., Suslyak M.V. Kompleksna ekologichna otsinka yakosti vody na prykladi Kakhovs’kogo vodoskhovyshcha, v: Zb. Tez ta Nauk. Statei za Mat. IV Mizh. Ekolog. Forumu “Chyste MISTO. Chysta RIKA. Chysta PLANETA” [Complex ecological estimate of the water quality by the example of the Kakhovs’ke water reservoir, in: Collection of theses and scientific works presented at the IV Int. Ecol. Forum “Pure TOWN. Pure RIVER. Pure PLANET”]. Kherson, KhTIC, 2012, pp. 153–157 [in Ukrainian].
5. Spravochnik po Vodnym Resursam, pod red. B.I. Strel’tsa [Handbook on Water Resources], edited by B.I. Strelets. Kiev, Urozhai, 1987 [in Russian].
6. Obukhov E.V., Okulovych M.R. Vytraty vody na shlyuzuvannya yak vytratna skladova vodnyh balansiv dniprovs’kykh vodoskhovyshch [Water expenses for the locking as the expense component of the water balances of Dnieper water reservoirs]. Ukr. Gidrometeor. Zh. – Ukr. Hydrometeor. J., 2008, No. 3, pp. 189–196 [in Ukrainian].
7. Direktor Kakhovskoi GES Sergei Borodaenko: “Sobiraemsya stroit’ vtoruyu GES” [Direktor of the Kakhovs’ka HEPP Sergei Borodaenko: We intend to build the second HEPP], available at: http://khersonline.net/intervyu/642-direktor-kahovskoy-ges-sergey-borodaenko-sobiraemsya-stroit-vtoruyu-ges.html [in Russian].
8. Rekomendatsii Shchodo Polipshennya Ekologichnogo Stanu Pryberezhnykh Terytorii Dniprovs’kykh Vodoskhovyshch, za red. V.Ya. Shevchuka [Recommendations on Improvement of the Ecological State of Near-Shore Territories of Dnieper Water Reservoirs], edited by V.Ya. Shevchuk. Kyiv, KSP, 1999 [in Ukrainian].
9. Yatsyk A.V., Gryshchenko Yu.M., Volkova L.A., Pashenyuk I.A. Vodni Resursy: Vykorystannya, Okhorona, Vidtvorennya, Upravlinnya [Water Resources: Use, Protection, Reproduction, and Management]. Kyiv, Geneza, 2007 [in Ukrainian].
PROBLEMS OF REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND DECENTRALIZATION
V. S. K R A V T S I V,
Doctor of Econ. Sci., Professor, Director,
². Z. S T O R O N Y A N S ’ K A,
Doctor of Econ. Sci., Professor,
Deputy Director for Research,
P. V. Z H U K,
Cand. of Econ. Sci., Senior Researcher, Leading Researcher
M.I. Dolishniy Institute of regional research of the NAS of Ukraine
© Kravtsiv Vasyl’ Stepanovych, 2017; å-mail: email@example.com;
© Storonyans’ka Iryna Zenoviivna, 2017; å-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
© Zhuk Petro Volodymyrovych, 2017; å-mail: email@example.com.
REFORMING THE TERRITORIAL BASIS OF LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT IN THE CONTEXT OF ITS FINANCIAL SOLVENCY
The analysis of the first results of the reform of local governance territorial basis in Ukraine is carried out and achievements of the reform are outlined. It is noted that during 2015 159 combined territorial communities were created in Ukraine; these communities received budgetary autonomy and greater powers in matters of local importance. However, this process slowed down in 2016. At the same time a number of problematic issues came out, which influenced negatively the processes of reforming of local governance and territorial organization of authorities. In particular, authors emphasized difficulties of the reform implementation according to the principle of voluntary association of communities and shortcomings of the acting methodical tools of communities combining.
Special attention is paid to the dominance of financial solvency factor while forming combined territorial communities, which downgrades other socially important principles of their creation due to mismatch between current budget system and the tasks to be solved in the process of reforming of administrative and territorial system of the country. Low share of own local budget revenues in the consolidated budget of state and flawed acting mechanisms of state support of territorial communities’ budgets are indicated.
The authors stressed the necessity to deepen legislative, regulative and organizational maintenance of reform and to amend certain provisions of the Constitution of Ukraine, in particular – regarding the principle of communities’ voluntary combining; abandoning the forming of both powerless small communities and communities too large by territory, where the distance between residents and authorities increases; creating in the process of administrative and territorial reform conditions and incentives for self-development of territorial communities and implementation of their social and economic potential, including through further improvement of inter-budget relations and real budget decentralization; introduction of relevant changes to methodical set of instruments regarding the forming of territorial communities.
Keywords: territorial organization of authorities, local governance, administrative and territorial reform, budget system, inter-budget relations (p. 41–51).
1. Vlasyuk O.S. Stan i problemy reformuvannya administratyvno-terytorial’nogo ustroyu Ukrainy [State and problems of reforming the administrative-territorial structure of Ukraine]. Regional’na ekonomika – Regional Economy, 2015, No. 3, pp. 16–23 [in Ukrainian].
2. Baranets’ T. Otsinka realizatsii reformy mistsevogo samovryaduvannya na L’vivshchyni u 2015 rotsi [Evaluation of the implementation of local government reform in the Lviv region in 2015], available at: http://dialog.lviv.ua/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Otsinka-realizatsiyi-reformi-mistsevogo-samovryaduvannya-na-Lvivshhini-u-2015-rotsi1.pdf [in Ukrainian].
3. Shevchuk L.T., Kravtsiv V.C., Vovkanych S.I. et al. Zarubizhnyi i Vitchyznyanyi Dosvid Reformuvannya Administratyvno-Terytorial’nogo Ustroyu [Foreign and Domestic Experience of Reforming the Administrative-Territorial Structure]. Shevchuk L.T. (Ed.). Lviv, Aral, 2007 [in Ukrainian].
4. Kresina I.O., Kovalenko A.A., Vitman K.M. et al. Administratyvno-Terytorial’na Reforma v Ukrayini: Polityko-Pravovi Problemy [Administrative-Territorial Reform in Ukraine: Political and Legal Problems]. Kresina I.O. (Ed.). Kyiv, Logos, 2009 [in Ukrainian].
QUESTIONS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF AIC
I. V. C H E K H O V A,
Cand. of Econ. Sci.,
Head of the Economic Research Sector, Institute of Oil Crops of the NAAS of Ukraine,
© Chekhova Iróna Valer³³vna, 2017; å-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
S. A. C H E K H O V,
Cand. of Econ. Sci.,
Senoir Sci. Researcher,
Director of the Experimental Station of Rare and Aromatic Crops of the NAAS of Ukraine
© Chekhov Serg³i Anatol³³îvóch, 2017; å-mail: email@example.com;
N. P. S H K U R K O,
of the Educational Productive-Commercial Firm “Siaivo”
© Shkurko Mykola Panteliiovych, 2017; å-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOMESTIC MARKET OF FLAX
The dynamics of production indicators on the domestic market of flax is presented, its share in the total structure of the market of oil crops is determined, and the basic productions of oil flax and long-fibred flax are characterized. The consumption directions and price positions of ready products on the internal and external markets are shown. The composition of participants and their competitive positions on the market of flax are detailed. The reasons for a disbalance of the functioning of the chain “creation of new sorts – production of original seeds – production of commercial seeds – processing – realization – regulation of the market” are revealed.
The main tendencies on the domestic market of flax are: a low share of flax in the total structure of the production of oil crops; reduction in sowing areas; difference in the domestic market trends of oil flax and long-fibred flax; low level of production indicators; absence of the sort renewal and the developed system of flax seed-growing; locality of the processing sector; low level of competition among the participants of the market; domination of the export of raw materials; boundedness of tools of the regulating policy of the flax cultivation. For the period under study, the main changes consist in that the tendency of past decades concerning the concentration of the sowing of oil flax in the Step zone became nonactual, since its sowing areas are spreading gradually into the Forest Step and Poles’e zones, and the sowing areas of long-fibred flax are distributed almost equally in those zones. Due to a high market price, flax seeds are an object of the export. However, in the recent years, the ratio of the directions of consumption of changes: the internal demand for flax oil, seeds, and flax fibers grows slowly, and these commodities occupy gradually separate shelfs in shops. The wastelessness of the ready products and the unpretentiousness of the growing form some perspectives to flax for its renewal in Ukraine.
Keywords: market, subjects of a market, oil flax, long-fibred flax, production, processing, price conjuncture (pp. 52–63).
1. Golovnya O.M. Organizatsiino-ekonomichnyi mekhanizm vidrodzhennya l’onarstva v pidpryemstvakh APK [The organizational-economic mechanism of revival of the flax cultivation at the enterprises of AIC], Author’s abstract of the Cand. degree thesis (Econ. Sci.). Kyiv, 2010 [in Ukrainian].
2. Shkarlet S.M., Korobka A.M. Stan ta tendentsii dióal’nosti pidpryemstv galuzi l’onarstva Ukrainy [The state and tendencies of the activity of enterprises of the flax cultivation branch in Ukraine]. Visn. Agrar. Nauky Prychornom. – Bull. of Agrar. Sci. of the Near-Black-Sea Region, 2013, Iss. 1, pp. 35–41 [in Ukrainian].
3. Luzan Yu.Ya., Nelep V.M., Golovnya O.M. Kryza l’onarstva ta shlyakhy ii podolannya [Crisis of the flax cultivation and ways to overcome it]. Ekon. APK – Econ. of AIC, 2008, No. 3, pp. 38–45[in Ukrainian].
4. Moskalenko A.M., Moskalenko V.A. Istoryko-ekonomichni aspekty rozvytku vitchyznyanogo l’onovyrobnystva [Historico-economic aspects of the development of a domestic flax production]. Ekon. APK – Econ. of AIC, 2007, No. 6, pp. 41–46 [in Ukrainian].
5. Domins’ka O.Ya. Vplyv faktoriv na rozvytok l’onarstva v Ukraini [Influence of factors on the development of the flax cultivation in Ukraine]. Agrosvit – Agriworld, 2015, No. 7, pp. 13–19 [in Ukrainian].
6. Oliini Kultury v Ukraini, za red. A.V. Chekhova [Oil Crops in Ukraine], edited by A.V. Chekhov. Kyiv, Osnova, 2007 [in Ukrainian].
7. Makarenko V. Kultury-favority [Crops-favorites]. Agropersp. – Agripersp., 2014, No. 4, pp. 20–21 [in Russian].
8. Pakhaichuk N. L’on dlya rozumnykh i linyvykh [Flax for clever and lazy persons]. Agrogroshi – Agrimoney, 2013, No. 1 (14), pp. 40–43 [in Ukrainian].
9. Popova I. Oliinykh sprav Maistry [Experts in oil affairs]. Agrar. Tyzhd. Ukraina – Agrar. Week. Ukraine, 2014, Nos. 11–12 (285), pp. 8–9 [in Ukrainian].
10. Slisarchuk M., Braginets’ I. Novyi davnii znaiomyi – l’on oliinyi [A new ancient pal – oil flax]. Zerno – Cereals, 2011, No. 3, available at: http://www.zerno-ua.com/?p=5320 [in Ukrainian].
11. Maslak O. Pryvablyvist’ l’onu oliinogo [Attractability of oil flax], available at: http://ab.org.ua/popri-eksportniy-potentsial-ploshhi-pid-lonom-v-ukrayini-skorochuyutsya/#more-3910 [in Ukrainian].
12. Pisareva Ya. Podnyat’sya na l’ne [To rise on flax]. Agropersp. – Agripersp., 2014, No. 4, pp. 30–33 [in Russian].
13. Burka A. Tendentsii na rynke nishevykh maslichnykh kul’tur v Ukraine [Tendencies on the market of recessive oil crops in Ukraine]. APK-Inform. Itogi – AIC-Inform. Totals, 2016, No. 11 (17), pp. 22–26 [in Russian].
14. Safonov Yu.M. Ekonomichna efektyvnist’ vyroshchuvannya i pererobky l’onu oliinogo [Economic efficiency of the growing and the processing of oil flax]. Agrosvit – Agriworld, 2011, No. 3, pp. 24–26 [in Ukrainian].
15. Palyvoda O.M. Perspektyvy rozvytku l’onarstva Ukrainy na osnovi formuvannya terytorial’no-vyrobnychykh klasteriv [Perspectives of the development of Ukraine’s flax cultivation on the basis of the formation of territorial-productive clusters]. Legka Promysl. – Light Industry, 2009, No. 1, pp. 46–48 [in Ukrainian].
16. Màrkîv ². Sekrety uspishnogo vyroshchuvannya l’onu-dovguntsya [Secrets of the successful growing of long-fibred flax]. Agrobiz. S’ogodni – Agribusiness Today, 2015, No. 4 (299), available at: http://www.agro-business.com.ua/agronomiia-siogodni/2803-sekrety-uspishnogo-vyroschuvannia-lionu-dovguntsia.html [in Ukrainian].
17. Kryvosheeva L., Chuchvaga V. L’on-dovgunets’ ukrains’koi selektsii [Long-fibred flax of the Ukrainian selection], available at: http://a7d.com.ua/plants/12247-lon-dovgunec-ukrayinskoyi-selekcyi.html [in Ukrainian].
18. Prymakov O.A., Marynchenko I.O., Kozorizenko M.P. Shlyakhy rozvytku l’onarstva v Ukraini [Ways of development of the flax cultivation in Ukraine]. Ekon. APK – Econ. of AIC, 2013, No. 11, pp. 32–37 [in Ukrainian].
ECONOMIC PROBLEMS OF THE NATURA MANAGEMENT
V. V. M A T Y U K H A,
Cand. of Techn. Sci., Senior Sci. Researcher,
Leading Sci. Researcher, Department of Complex Evaluation and Management
of Natural Resources,
© Matyukha Vîlîdómór Victorovóch, 2017; e-mail: email@example.com;
O. M. S U H I N A,
Cand. of Econ. Sci., Senior Sci. Researcher, Department of Economic Problems
of Environmental Policy and Sustainable Development
© Suhina Îlena Mókola³vna, 2017; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institute of Environmental Economics
and Sustainable Development of the NAS of Ukraine
UKRAINE’S MINERAL-RAW-MATERIALS COMPLEX IN THE
CONTEXT OF ECONOMY’S SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
The modern state of Ukraine's mineral-raw-materials complex is characterized, and the main reasons for the inefficient and nonrational usage of mineral resources are clarified.
The goal of the article consists in the development of specific propositions as for the ensuring of a balanced development of Ukraine's mineral-raw-materials complex in the context of long-term perspectives on the basis of the analysis of the modern state of the domestic mineral-raw-materials base and the foreign experience of state’s control over a mineral-raw-materials complex.
The authors substantiate the necessity of an institutional reformation of the domestic sphere of mineral resources use, as well as the institutional mechanism of ecologization of mining enterprises, because the technogenic load on the environment increases due to the outdated technologies of mining works.
The article presents some specific propositions concerning the ensuring of a balanced (on the basis of a balance between the volumes of the extraction of useful raw-materials and their consumption) development of the mineral-raw-materials base and an increase in the efficiency and in the economic payoff of the mining extraction industry, as well as the needs of the national economy in the own mineral-raw-materials at the simultaneous protection of the Nature. In addition, some specific propositions are given as for the improvement of the system of state’s control over Ukraine's mineral-raw-materials complex in order to eliminate the doubling of controlling functions by central executing authorities related to the ensuring of a rational usage of mineral resources.
Keywords: mineral-raw-materials resources, sustainable development, mining relations in the domestic sphere of the nature management, institutionalization of the nature management sphere, mining production ecologization, modernization, economic mechanism, financial tools (ðð. 64–79).
1. Rud’ko G., Myrgorods’kyi O., Kurylo M., Lagoda O. Normatyvno-Pravove Regulyuvannya Nadrokorystuvannya [Normative-Legal Regulation of Mineral-Resources Use]. Kyiv, Giperion, 2012 [in Ukrainian].
2. Zhykalyak M. Suchasni tendentsii stalogo rozvytku nadrokorystuvannya u mineral’no-syrovynnykh tsentrakh ekonomichnogo zrostannya [The modern tendencies of sustainable development of the mineral-resources use at the raw-materials centers of economic growth]. Visn. Kyiv. Nats. Univ. im. T. Shevchenka – Bull. of T. Shevchenko Nat. Univ. of Kyiv, 2012, No. 56, pp. 36–38 [in Ukrainian].
3. Evdoshchuk M.I. Deyaki pytannya rozvytku geologichnoi galuzi Ukrainy v umovakh evrointegratsii [Some questions of development of Ukraine’s geological branch under conditions of the European integration]. Miner. Resur. Ukr. – Miner. Resour. of Ukr., 2015, No. 1, pp. 3–6 [in Ukrainian].
4. Andrievs’kyi I.D., Matyukha V.V., Movchan M.T. Suchasnyi stan i perspektyvy rozvytku dobuvnoi promyslovosti Ukrainy [The modern state and perspectives of development of Ukraine’s extraction industry]. Miner. Resur. Ukr. – Miner. Resour. of Ukr., 2011, No. 3, pp. 8–14 [in Ukrainian].
5. Matyukha V.V., Movchan M.T. Instytutsional’ni vazheli yak dievyi instrument derzhavnogo upravlinnya spheroyu nadrokorystuvannya, v: Ekonomika Pryrodokorystuvannya i Okhorony Dovkillya [The institutional levers as an efficient tool of the state control over the mineral-resources use sphere, in: Economy of Mineral-Resources Use and Protection of the Environment]. Kyiv, CSPFU of the NASU, 2009, pp. 109–118 [in Ukrainian].
6. Suhina O. Economic mechanism of ecologization of mining production in conditions of decentralization of authority in Ukraine as a priority of environmental policy in the mining regions, in: Proceed. of Intern. Sci. Conf. “Ukraine – Bulgaria – Europ. Union: Modern State and Perspectives” Varna, Bulgaria, 24 September – 1 October 2016. Varna, Nauka i Ikonomika, 2016, Vol. 1, pp. 47–52.
7. Suhina O.M. Capital écologique des communautés unis locales de l’Ukraine: la recherche d’écorente, in: Modern Transformation of Economics and Management in the Era of Globalization, Intern. Sci. Conference, January 29, 2016, Klaipeda, Baltija Publ., 2016, pp. 232–236.
8. Natsional’na Paradygma Stalogo Rozvytku Ukrainy, za red. B.E. Patona [The National Paradigm of Ukraine’s Sustainable Development], edited by B.E. Paton. Kyiv, Inst. of Ånvironmental Economics and Sustain. Develop. of the NAS of Ukraine, 2012 [in Ukrainian].
9. Matyukha V.V. Sistema platezhei za pol’zovanie nedrami v Ukraine: problemy i predlozheniya po reformirovaniyu [The system of payments for the use of mineral resources in Ukraine: problems and propositions on a reformation]. Gorn. Zhurn. – Mining J., 2014, No. 7, pp. 60–62 [in Russian].
10. Suhina O.M., Lobasov O.P., Zhyshko M.I. Rozvytok metodologichnykh pidkhodiv do ekonomichnoi otsinky mineral’no-syrovynnykh resursiv [A modification of the methodological approaches to the economic estimation of mineral raw materials resources]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 2013, No. 2, pp. 67–80 [in Ukrainian].
11. Instytutsionalizatsiya pryrodno-resursnykh vidnosyn, za red. M.A. Khvesyka [Institutionalization of natural-resource relations], edited by M.A. Khvesyk. Kyiv, Inst. of Environmental Economics and Sustain. Develop. of the NAS of Ukraine, 2012, pp. 289–308 [in Ukrainian].
12. Vlasyuk T.O. Instytutsiine zabezpechennya svitovogo rynku zalizorudnoi syrovyny: vysnovky dlya Ukrainy [The institutional ensuring of the world market of iron-ore raw-materials: conclusions for Ukraine]. Strateg. Panor. – Strateg. Panor., 2009, No. 3, pp. 115–124 [in Ukrainian].
13. Pevzner M.E. Gornoe Pravo [Mining Law]. Moscow, Moscow State Mining Univ., 2006 [in Russian].
M. YU. Z A N I Z D R A,
Cand. of Econ. Sci.,
Senior Sci. Researcher,
Institute of the economy of industry of the NAS of Ukraine
© Zanizdra Mariya Yuriivna, 2017; e-mail: email@example.com.
ECOLOGICAL CONTROL OVER THE NEOINDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT OF NATIONAL ECONOMIES
The support of a sustainable development requires the efficient combination of the strategies of neoindustrialization and ecologization of the economy. A criterion of the success of available approaches to the ecological regulation of a neoindustrial development is the overcoming of the dependence of a high competitiveness of the national economy on the level of a technogenic load or on the production waste intensity on the natural environment. According to the results of international comparisons, the difference between the macroeconomics by economic and ecological indicators on the global market remains significant.
Hence, it is of importance to determine the most efficient approaches to the ecological control over the neoindustrialization on the basis of the determination of the best socio-economic and ecological results of economic managing on the macrolevel. To make it, an approach to the two-criterion evaluation of the economico-ecological efficiency of national economies, which is based on the use of integral indices developed in the frames of UNO’s studies such as the global competitiveness and the ecological trace, is proposed. This approach allows one to account for the intensity and the socio-economic expediency of the exhaustion of an available biocapacity and to determine the ability of national economies to the development at the expense of the realization ofa production potential. On this basis, the current level of Ukraine’s economico-ecological efficiency is estimated, and the choice of
– the best approaches to the ecological control over a neoindustrial development, which are inherent in highly competitive national economies with a proficit of the biocapacity; at a competitiveness higher than the mean level (> 4.5 marks), the pressure of the ecological trace is held in the limits of the available biocapacity;
– countries, which can be considered standard (Finland, Sweden, Great Britain, and Poland) relative to Ukraine by the indicator of the capacity of ecosystems (≤ 100 GHa) and have attained a higher level of competitiveness (> 4.03 marks), i.e., they are economically more efficient with analogous or less resource possibilities, is substantiated.
Keywords: ecological footprint, index of the global competitiveness, ecological control, neoindustrial development (p. 80–91).
1. Sotnyk I.M. Metodychni pidkhody do sothio-ekologo-ekonomichnoi otsinky naslidkiv resursozberigayuchykh transformatsii [Methodical approaches to a socio-ecologo-economic evaluation of consequences of resource-saving transformations], available at: http://economics-of-nature.net/uploads/arhiv/2009/Sotnyk.pdf [in Ukrainian].
2. Lukash O.A. Metodychni pidkhody do otsinky ekologo-ekonomichnoi efektyvnosti transkordonnogo spivrobitnytstva [Methodical approaches to the evaluation of the ecologo-economic efficiency of a transborder collaboration]. Mekh. Regul. Ekon. – Mechan. of Regul. of Economy, 2008, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 181–185 [in Ukrainian].
3. Ha-Joon Chang. Kak Ustroena Ekonomika [Economics. The User’s Guide]. Moscow, Mann, Ivanov i Ferber, 2015 [in Russian].
4. Sutyrin S.F., Filippov P.N. Klastery konkurentosposobnosti Finlyandii [Clusters of competitiveness in Finland]. Vest. Sankt-Peterb. Univ., Ser. 5, Ekon. – Bull. of St. Petersb. Univ., Ser. 5, Econ., 2004, Iss. 1, No. 5, pp. 71–78 [in Russian].
5. Chernomorova T.V. Velikobritaniya: innovatsionnaya politika i metody ee realizatsii [Great Britain: innovative policy and methods of its realization]. Akt. Probl. Evrop. – Act. Probl. of Europe, 2013, No. 1, pp. 89–116 [in Russian].
6. Gritsevich I.G., Kokorin A.O., Yulkin M.A. Biznes i Klimat. Mirovoi Opyt Kompanii v Dele Snizheniya Vybrosov Parnikovykh Gazov [Business and Climate. World Experience of Companies in the Matter of a Decrease in the Ejection of Greenhouse Gases]. Moscow, YUNEP, 2005 [in Russian].
7. Gakashev M.M. Formirovanie innovatsionnykh klasterov: analiz mirovogo opyta [Formation of innovative clusters: analysis of the world experience]. Ekon. i Upravl. v XXI Veke: Tend. Razv. – Econ. and Manag. in the XXI Cent.: Trends of Devel., 2013, No. 9, pp. 59–67 [in Russian].
8. Kaplina A.V. Institutsional’nyi bazis finansovoi podderzhki klasternykh initsiativ v sisteme regional’noi ekonomiki [Institutional basis of the financial support of cluster initiatives in the system of a regional economy]. Vopr. Regul. Ekon. – Quest. of Regul. of Econ., 2013, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 41–46 [in Russian].
9. Leffler N. Torgovlya kvotami [The trade of quotas]. ABB Revyu – ABB Review, 2005, No. 3, pp. 14–19, available at: http://esco.co.ua/journal/2011_7/art227.pdf [in Russian].
EDITORIAL POLICY AND ETHIC PRINCIPLES
|No. 11, 2017|
SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC 330.341.424:339.9 M.... »
SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC 330.001.7+32.001.7] – 042.5/8:330.34(477) V.... »
PROBLEMS OF THE ECONOMIC THEORY UDC 330.342 A. I. K R... »
UDC 339.74 GRZEGORZ W. K O L O D K O, Professor, Director of the... »
SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC 338.24.021.8:94(477) V. M. T A... »
FAUX J. – U.S. trade policy – time to start over (in... »
UDÑ 339.97 V. R. S I D E N K O, Doctor of Econ. Sci., Corresponding... »
FINANCES. TAXES. CREDIT UDÑ 306.1 T. I. ²... »
GOVERNING THE ECONOMY: THEORY AND PRACTICE UDÑ 330.342.3:338.45:330.46 Yu.... »
UDC 336.1:316.34 P. S. E S H C H E N K O, Professor, Doctor... »
UDC: 330:338.1 V. M. H E Y E T S, Professor, Doctor of... »
SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC 338.45.01 V. L. M A Z U R, Professor,... »