GOVERNING THE ECONOMY: THEORY AND PRACTICE
Yu. M. K H A R A Z I S H V I L I,
Doctor of Econ. Sci., Senior Sci. Researcher,
Principal Sci. Researcher of the Department of Regulatory Policy Problems and Entrepreneurship Development,
© Kharazishvili Yurii Mykhailovych, 2017; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
V. I. L Y A S H E N K O,
Professor, Doctor of Econ. Sci.,
Head of the Department of Regulatory Policy Problems and Entrepreneurship Development
Institute of the economy of industry of the NAS of Ukraine
© Lyashenko V’yacheslav Ivanovych, 2017; e-mail: email@example.com.
PROBLEMS OF ASSESSMENT AND INTEGRAL INDICES OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF THE INDUSTRY OF UKRAINE FROM THE STANDPOINT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
The article analyzes the current state of sustainable industry development from positions of economic security and scientific substantiation of strategic guidelines of components and indices of the Strategies of sustainable industry development of Ukraine.
The purpose of the research is to develop conceptual bases of the medium and long term strategy of sustainable industry development of Ukraine from the standpoint of economic security.
Methodology of identifying the state of stable industry development of Ukraine from the standpoint of economic security and scientific rationale of strategic guidelines to achieve sustainable development through adaptive control techniques according to the control theory is developed; it includes two stages – identification and strategy development. Three scenarios of development are created and strategic values of the key macroeconomic indicators of the industry up to 2020 are determined.
To monitor the state of stable industry development of Ukraine from the standpoint of economic security, structure of sustainable development is proposed. The structure includes social, ecological and economic components (totally 30 indicators) and a methodology for identification of its current level through an integral assessment.
Scientifically substantiated strategic guidelines for sustainable development of the industry of Ukraine under various scenarios up to 2020 were obtained. According to calculations, the greatest effect of sustainable industry development is obtained when applying the scenario of complete sustainable development – i.e., equidistance of integral indices of development components from their average optimum values. Strategic guidelines for sustainable development, which are obtained accounting for sensitivity of influence of each individual component on the integral index, is a task of medium or long term strategic planning.
So, when performing strategic objective of achieving complete sustainable development, industry of Ukraine can become the “driver” of economic growth instead of “smoking chimneys.”
Keywords: sustainable development, industry, economic security, integral index, threats, strategic guidelines (ðð. 3–23).
1. Amosha O.I., Vyshnevs’kyi V.P., Zbarazs’ka L.O. et al. Promyslovist’ i Promyslova Polityka Ukrainy 2013: Aktual’ni Trendy, Vyklyky, Mozhlyvosti: Nauk.-Analit. Dop. [Industry and Industrial Policy of Ukraine 2013: Current Trends, Challenges, Opportunities: Scientific and Analytical Report]. V.P. Vyshnevs’kyi (Ed.). Donets’k, Institute of Industial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine, 2014 [in Ukrainian].
2. Heymann E., Vetter S. Europe's re-industrialisation. The gulf between aspiration and reality. Frankfurt am Main. Deutsche Bank AG, DB Research, 2013, p. 2.
3. Zgurovs’kyi M.Z. Stalyi Rozvytok u Global’nomu i Regional’nomu Vymirakh: Analiz za Danymy 2005 r. [Sustainable Development in Global and Regional Dimensions: Analysis by 2005 data]. Kyiv, National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Publishing Polygraphic Institute of Publishing and Polygraphic Complex “Politekhnika”, 2006 [in Ukrainian].
4. Zgurovs’kyi M.Z. Stalyi Rozvytok Regioniv Ukrainy [Sustainable Development of Regions of Ukraine]. Kyiv, National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, 2009 [in Ukrainian].
5. Natsional’na Paradygma Stalogo Rozvytku Ukrainy [National Paradigm of Sustainable Development of Ukraine]. B.E. Paton (Ed.). Kyiv, Institute of Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development of the NAS of Ukraine, 2012 [in Ukrainian].
6. Rozrobka Platformy Stsenarnogo Analizu v Mezhakh Stalogo Rozvytku: Zaklyuchnyi Zvit pro NDR [Development of Platform of Scenario Analysis Within Sustainable Development: Final R&D Report]. Head of project N. Pankratova. Kyiv, National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, 2011 [in Ukrainian].
7. Novikova O.F., Amosha O.I., Antonyuk V.P. et al. Stalyi Rozvytok Promyslovogo Regionu: Sotsial’ni Aspekty [Sustainable Development of Industrial Region: Social Aspects]. Donets’k, Institute of Industial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine, 2012 [in Ukrainian].
8. Sotsial’no-ekonomichnyi Potentsial Stalogo Rozvytku Ukrainy ta ii Regioniv [Socio-economic Potential of Sustainable Development of Ukraine and Its Regions]. E.M. Libanova, M.A. Khvesyk (Eds.). Kyiv, PI “Institute of Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development of the NAS of Ukraine”, 2014 [in Ukrainian].
9. Lyashenko V.I., Kotov E.V. Ukraina XXI: Neoindustrial’na Derzhava abo Krakh Proektu? [Ukraine XXI: Neo-industrial State, or the Collapse of the Project?]. Kyiv, Institute of Industial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine and Poltava University of Economics and Trade, 2015 [in Ukrainian].
10. Bossel H. Indicators for sustainable development: Theory, method, applications. Winnipeg, International Institute for Sustainable Development, 1999.
11. Kharazishvili Yu.M., Sukhorukov A.I., Krupel’nyts’ka T.P. Shchodo vdoskonalennya metodologii integral’nogo otsinyuvannya rivnya ekonomichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy [On improvement of methodology of integral assessment of the level of economic security of Ukraine]. Kyiv, NISS, 2013, available at: http://www.niss.gov.ua/ articles/1358/ [in Ukrainian].
12. Kharazishvili Yu.M., Dron’ V.E. Adaptyvnyi pidkhid do vyznachennya strategichnykh orientyriv ekonomichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy [An adaptive approach to the determination of strategic reference points of Ukraine’s economic security]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 2014, No. 5, pp. 28–45 [in Ukrainian].
13. Kharazishvili Yu.M., Dron’ V.E. Problemy integral’nogo otsinyuvannya rivnya ekonomichnoyi bezpeky derzhavy [Problems of integral assessment of economic security of the state]. Bankivs’ka sprava – Banking, 2015, No. 1 (133), pp. 3–21 [in Ukrainian].
14. Kharazishvili Yu.M., Lyashenko V.I., Shamileva L.L., Zhykhareva Yu.I. Modernizatsiya Ekonomiky Donets’koi Oblasti: Strategichni Stsenarii Realizatsii z Pozytsii Stalogo Rozvytku do 2020 roku [Modernization of the Donetsk Region Economy: Strategic Implementation Scenarios from the Standpoint of Sustainable Development up to 2020]. Kyiv, Institute of Industial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine, 2016 [in Ukrainian].
15. Kachyns’kyi A.B. Zasady Systemnogo Analizu Bezpeky Skladnykh System [Fundamentals of System Safety Analysis of Complex Systems]. Kyiv, PI “NPC “Evroatlantyk-inform”, 2006 [in Ukrainian].
16. Kachyns’kyi A.B. Indykatory Natsional’noi Bezpeky: Vyznachennya ta Zastosuvannya Ikh Granychnykh Znachen’ [Indicators of National Security: Definition and Application of the Limit Values]. Kyiv, NISS, 2013 [in Ukrainian].
17. Kharazishvili Yu.M., Koval’ O.P. Detinizatsiya zarobitnykh plat yak chynnyk sotsial’nogo rozvytku ta zabezpechennya ekonomichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Deshadowing wages as a factor of social development and ensuring economic security of Ukraine]. Strategichni Priorytety – Strategic Priorities, 2013, No. 4 (29), pp. 38–49 [in Ukrainian].
18. Sovremennaya Teoriya Sistem Upravleniya [Advances in Control Systems: Theory and Application]. K.T. Leondes (Ed.). Moscow, Nauka, 1970 [in Russian].
L. L. K I S T E R S ’ K Y,
Professor, Doctor of Econ. Sci., Director
Institute for International Business development,
© Kisters’ky Leonid Leonidovych, 2017;
T.V. L Y P O V A,
Associate Professor, PhD, Department of Finance,
National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Auditing,
State Statistics Service of Ukraine
© Lypova Tetyana Viktorivna, 2017;
DECENTRALIZED MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RESOURCES FOR ECONOMIC REFORM
A reform of decentralization of the system of governance in Ukraine has been started. The reform provides for effective local self-government and significant strengthening of managerial and financial viability of local administrations. Present experience of successful economies suggests that compliance with laws, among other things, should lead to the formation of economic levers through fair payment of taxes in the state. International financial resources (IFRs) act as an important development instrument, which promotes institutional reforms in the recipient country, development of key sectors of the economy, reform of legislation and other market reforms, thus creating the basis for the inflow of investment capital and further interaction with the global economy. The EU-Ukraine Association Agreement provided an opportunity to cooperate in the field of IFRs attraction for economic reforms by introducing a decentralized implementation system (DIS) of international resources, as it has been done in Poland and many other countries that had joined or are planning to join the EU. The main idea of the DIS is to transfer obligations and responsibilities for contracts from the EU Delegation to beneficiary, whereas overall responsibility and control of the results of the programs implementation remain with the EU. The primary responsibility for obtaining and using resources will belong not to the donors but to a recipient country, which by itself will plan needs for external resources and develop plans how to attract and use these funds in coordination with donors.
Keywords: International financial resources, decentralized implementation system, economic reforms, tools of reform, rule of law, Ministry of finance, eurointegration, Polish experience, Marshall Plan (pp. 24–36).
1. Danylenko A.I. Posylennya derzhavnykh pidoim efektyvnogo vykorystannya finansovykh resursiv [Strengthening of state’s levers of efficient use of financial resources]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 2015, No. 4, pp. 28–35 [in Ukrainian].
2. Blair T. Shlyakh [A Journey]. Êyiv, Tempora, 2011 [in Ukrainian].
3. Ukrains’kyi tyzhden’ [Ukrainian Week], 2016, No. 23 (447), available at: http://tyzhden.ua/Politics/167067 [in Ukrainian].
4. Kisters’ky L., Plotnikov O. Shlyakhy ta instrumenty evrointegratsii [Ways and instruments of European Integration]. Holos Ukrainy – Voice of Ukraine, 2012, March 23, p. 5 [in Ukrainian].
5. Kisters’ky L.L., Lypova T.V. Mizhnarodna Tekhnichna Dopomoga: Shlyakhy Pidvyshchennya Efektyvnosti [International Technical Assistance: Ways to Increase Efficiency]. Kyiv, The publication of the EU Delegation to Ukraine, 2010 [in Ukrainian].
6. Lypova T.V., Kolosova V.P. Derzhavne upravlinnya zovnishnimy (predaksesatsiinymy) resursamy: dosvid Pol’shchi [State management of external (before the access) resources: the experience of Poland]. Finansy Ukrainy – Finances of Ukraine, 2013, No. 2, pp. 83–92 [in Ukrainian].
7. Kistersky L., Prigmore K., Sics U., Lypova T. Donor Development Resources – Aid Programming and Implementation Guide. Kyiv, Publishing House “Kyiv University”, 2012.
8. Heyets V.M. Do pytannya zastosuvannya pidkhodiv “planu Marshalla” dlya Ukrainy [To the question of application of the approaches of the “Marshall plan” in Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 2015, No. 4, pp. 6–11 [in Ukrainian].
I. M. Í R Y N ² U K,
Postgraduate of the Department of Accounting and Audit
of the Ivano-Frankivs’k National Technical University of Oil and Gas
© Hryniuk Iryna Mykolaivna, 2017; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MODEL OF ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGEMENT
Every fourth company is experiencing serious problems with receiving payments from their customers. Unpaid bills increase an entry “receivables” in current assets of an enterprise, thus depriving it of the ability to correctly manage its cash flow. To optimize the process of receivables collection, a model of receivables management is proposed. This model consists of eight stages, which should be considered when planning the credit policy of enterprise. The model includes the whole process from the time of shipment to the receipt of funds from the debtor. Provision of commodity credit and sale on deferred payment terms are the necessary components of the enterprise activity. That is why one should develop general principles of commodity credits and establish credit policy. An important point of the management is also analysis of existing and future debtors. It is necessary to critically examine the list of debtors and to identify those who do not comply with the payment schedule. Considerable attention should be paid to marketing activities in order to attract new customers. When sale is on credit, the conclusion of the credit agreement is a must; the agreement has to include clearly articulated conditions of the credit provision: terms of delivery and payment, responsibility of the parties. After sale on credit, one should constantly monitor deadlines for debt payment and receipt of funds. In case of failure of payments on time, possible methods of payment should be discussed. If necessary, it is advisable to involve special collection agencies for the collection management, prepare cases for the consideration of the court, or use receivables as a financial asset. The ongoing improvement of skills and knowledge of receivables management is also a must.
Keywords: accounts receivable, debtor, collection, management (ð. 37–48).
1. Wood M. 101 Ways to Optimize Your Receivables Management, available at: http://blog.fundinggates.com/2012/05/101-ways-optimize-accounts-receivable-anagement/#Ch12.
2. Van Horne J.C. Osnovy Upravleniya Finansami [Fundamentals of Financial Management]. Ya.V. Sokolov (Chief Ed.). Moscow, Finansy i statistika, 2006 [in Russian].
3. Novikova N.M. Strukturno-logichna model’ upravlinnya debitors’koyu zaborgovanistyu pidpryemstva [Structural and logical model of receivables management of an enterprise]. Aktual’ni problemy ekonomiky – Actual problems of economics, 2005, No. 1, pp. 75–82 [in Ukrainian].
4. Kunin E.L. Model’ otsinky ryzyku nepogashennya sumnivnoi debitors’koi zaborgovanosti pry ii upravlinni [Assesment model of bad outstanding debts risk management]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Effective economy, 2014, No. 5, available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=2999 [in Ukrainian].
5. Livoshko T.V. Pidvyshchennya efektyvnosti upravlinnya debitors’koyu zaborgovanistyu pidpryemstva [Increasing the efficiency of accounts receivable management of an enterprise], available at: www.zgia.zp.ua/gazeta/evzdia_8_090.pdf. [in Ukrainian].
6. Blank I.A. Finansovyi Menedzhment [Financial Management]. Kyiv, Elga, Nika-tsentr, 2004 [in Russian].
7. Semenov G.A., Bugai A.V., Eroputova O.O. Ekonomichnyi Mekhanizm Formuvannya ta Vykorystannya Oborotnogo Kapitalu Pidpryemstv [Economic Mechanism of Formation and Use of Working Capital of Enterprises]. Zaporizhzhya, KPU, 2009 [in Ukrainian].
QUESTIONS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF AIC
UDC 338.43 (049.3) (477) : 330.15
O. V. S H U B R A V S ’ K A,
Professor, Doctor of Econ. Sci.,
Head of the Department of the Forms and Methods of Management in the Agro-Food Complex,
© Shubravs’ka Olena Vasylivna, 2017;
K. O. P R O K O P E N K O,
Cand. of Econ. Sci., Senior Researcher of the
© Ïðîêîïåíêî Êàòåðèíà Îëåêñ³¿âíà (Prokopenko Kateryna Oleks³ivna), 2017;
Institute for Economics and Forecasting of the NAS of Ukraine
SCENARIO ASSESSMENTS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION IN UKRAINE UNDER CONDITIONS OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSTRAINTS
Under present conditions, the structure of agriculture is increasingly adjusted due to the need to adapt production to the growing intensity of climate change. These changes can have both positive results and negative effects – depending on the natural and climatic characteristics of agricultural territories. Adaptation to climate change calls for virtually all agricultural producers and other subjects of the food chain to introduce new methods of managing and make systemic changes in the strategy of its activities.
Although Ukraine is not yet included in the list of countries, which are most vulnerable to global climate changes, the consequences of such changes are becoming far more tangible also on its territory. In order to assess the likely implications for the branch and agricultural producers from structural adjustment of production towards its adaptation to climate changes through the use of innovations, an analytical model was developed. In this model, the impact of climate changes on agriculture is reflected by fluctuations in the sectoral structure of production through the leading agricultural crop production, as well as by the number of cattle as an important component of the rational agriculture.
In the context of studies of the effect of climate change on agricultural production development and evaluation of results of adaptation technologies implementation, indicators of success of activities being implemented are proposed: stabilization and growth of the level of humus; reducing the volatility of yield of all kinds of crops; rationalization of agricultural production structure.
It is also pointed out the need to focus on assessment of vulnerability of natural resources (especially in the area of Steppe) and willingness of agricultural producers to adapt to climate change, on facilitating the small and medium-sized producers to expand the sources of funding activities for the introduction of adaptation practices; on establishment of an effective system of subsidized agricultural insurance (in particular, from weather risks).
Keywords: agricultural production, climate change, environmental constraints, rational agriculture (ð. 49–60).
1. IPCC, 2014: Summary for policymakers. In: Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Part A: Global and Sectoral Aspects. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [C.B. Field, V.R. Barros, D.J. Dokken, K.J. Mach, M.D. Mastrandrea, T.E. Bilir, M. Chatterjee, K.L. Ebi, Y.O. Estrada, R.C. Genova, B. Girma, E.S. Kissel, A.N. Levy, S. MacCracken, P.R. Mastrandrea, and L.L. White (Eds.)]. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2014.
2. Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [T.F. Stocker, D. Qin, G.-K. Plattner, M. Tignor, S.K. Allen, J. Boschung, A. Nauels, Y. Xia, V. Bex, and P.M. Midgley (Eds.)]. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2013.
3. Ranganathan J. The global food challenge explained in 18 graphics, available at: http://www.wri.org/blog/2013/12/global-food-challenge-explained-18-graphics.
4. Kul’bida M.I., Barabash M.B., Elistratova L.O., Adamenko T.I., Grebenyuk N.P., Tatarchuk O.G., Korzh T.V. Klimat Ukrainy: u mynulomu... i maibutn’omu? [The climate of Ukraine: in the past... and in the future?]. M.I. Kul’bida, M.B. Barabash (Eds.). Kyiv, Stal’, 2009, pp. 85–98 [in Ukrainian].
5. Cherenkov A.V., Shevchenko M.S., Lebid’ E.M. et al. Struktura posivnykh ploshch, poperednyky, sivozminy (naukovo-praktychni rekomendatsii). [Structure of sown areas, precursors, crop rotation (scientific and practical recommendations)]. Dnipropetrovs’k, Institute of agriculture of Steppe zone of the NAAS of Ukraine, 2013 [in Ukrainian].
6. Moklyachuk L.I., Krasil’nikova T.M. Problemy dotrymannya sivozmin orendnymy agrarnymy pidpryemstvamy [Problems of crop rotation compliance by rental agrarian enterprises], Agroekologichnyi zhurnal – Agroecological Journal, 2013, No. 1, pp. 28–32 [in Ukrainian].
7. Alcamo J., Flörke M., Märker M. Future long-term changes in global water resources driven by socio-economic and climate changes, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 2007, No. 52, pp. 247–275.
ECONOMIC PROBLEMS OF THE NATURE MANAGEMENT
B. V. B U R K Y N S ’ K Y I,
Professor, Doctor of Econ. Sci.,
Academician of the NAS of Ukraine, Director,
© Burkyns’kyi Borys Volodymyrovych, 2017; e-mail: ³prei@odessa.ukr.net;
À. I. M A R T I E N K O,
Doctor of Econ. Sci., Senior Researcher,
Head of Department of Economic Regulation of Natural Resources,
© Martienko Antonina Ivanivna, 2017; e-mail: amartienko@ ukr.net;
N. I. K H U M A R O V A,
Doctor of Econ. Sci., Senior Researcher,
Principal Researcher of Department of Economic Regulation of Natural Resources
Institute of Market Problems and Economic-Ecological Research of the NAS of Ukraine
© Khumarova Nina Ipolytivna, 2017; e-mail: email@example.com.
INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK OF IMPROVING OWNERSHIP RELATIONS OF RECREATION AND TOURISM RESOURCES IN UKRAINE
Development of market relations in all spheres of the national economy, including recreation and tourism sector, is determined by development of ownership relations of the fixed assets, current assets and natural resources. In the recreation and tourism business, technogenic factors of production relate mainly to the ownership of business entities, but natural resources used by these entities are of the state and municipal ownership; this lays ground for the conflict of interest. The lack of the unified state policy in the sphere of development of relations concerning appropriation of natural resources on the basis of the functioning of certain forms, property rights and restrictions which relate to the forms, rights and subjects of ownership, leads to the fact that users of natural resources receive economic benefits without the "appropriation" of negative environmental damages, and society receives negative internal and external conflicts, that is, "appropriates" social, ecological and economic losses. This can be explained by the fact that powers to manage the recreation and tourism activities and use of natural resources in this sphere, are scattered among various government bodies, which activities do not provide an eco-systemic and a poly-functional approach to the use of recreation and tourist resources. There is also no scientifically substantiated policy concerning a functioning of ownership relations of the recreation and tourism resources and mechanism of realization of advantages depending on the forms and rights of ownership.
The situation leads to reducing the replenishment of the state and local budgets and further efficient allocation of funds received from the use of the nationwide ownership of natural resources; it prevents the identification of effective subjects of ownership.
The authors propose to extend the powers of the Department of Tourism and Resorts of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, or establish, as an alternative, a body to coordinate the use of natural resources and development of recreation and tourist activities based on redistribution of competences, rights, duties and responsibilities of the existing structures to form the unified state policy to improve the use of recreation and tourist resources and improve the efficiency of recreation and tourist activity.
Keywords: recreation and tourism resources, ownership relations, public administration, ownership of recreation and tourism resources, institutional environment, socio-economic and ecological restrictions, forms and ownership of natural resources and technogenic factors of production
1. Burkinskii B.V., Stepanov V.N., Kharichkov S.K. Ekonomiko-Ekologicheskiye Osnovy Regional'nogo Prirodopol'zovaniya i Razvitiya [Economic and Ecological Basis for Regional Nature Management and Development]. Odessa, IMPEER NAS of Ukraine, 2005 [in Russian].
2. Bystryakov I.K., Veklych O.O., Nikolaenko T.S. Otsinka zemel’no-resursnogo potentsialu v konteksti prostorovoi organizatsii zemlegospodaryuvannya ta rozvytku ekonomichnogo prostoru, v: Ekonomichnyi Prostir i Dynamika Rozvytku Produktyvnykh Syl Ukrainy: Teoretyko-Metodolohichni Osnovy Doslidzhennya [Evaluation of land and resource potential in the context of spatial organization of land economic management and development of economic space, in: Economic Space and Dynamics of Development of Productive Forces of Ukraine: Theoretical and Methodological Bases of Research], edited by: B.M. Danylyshyn. Kyiv, CSPF of Ukraine of a NAS of Ukraine, 2008, pp. 47–55 [in Ukrainian].
3. Martienko A.I. Teoreticheskiye Osnovy Razvitiya Otnosheniy Sobstvennosti na Prirodnye Resursy [Theoretical Basis of Ownership Relations Development of Natural Resources]. Odessa, IMPEER NAS of Ukraine, 2011 [in Russian].
4. Khumarova N.I. Ekologoorientovane Strategichne Planuvannya Rozvytku Terytoriy [Ecology-Oriented Strategic Planning of Territories’ Development]. Odesa, IMPEER NAS of Ukraine, 2011 [in Ukrainian].
5. Cherchyk L.M. Formuvannya Rynkovykh Vidnosyn u Rekreatsiinomu Pryrodokorystuvanni [Formation of Market Relations in Recreational Nature Management]. Luts’k, LNTU, 2006 [in Ukrainian].
WORLD ECONOMIC TIES: TRENDS OF THEIR DEVELOPMENT
A. A. G R I S H C H E N K O,
Cand. of Econ. Sci.,
Associate Professor of the Department of Management of the Foreign Economic Activity and International Business,
Ukrainian-American Liberal Arts Institute
“Wisconsin International University (USA) Ukraine”
© Gryshchenko Andrii Anatoliiovych, 2017; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC SANCTIONS AS A FACTOR OF TERMINATION OF RUSSIAN EXPANSION TOWARDS UKRAINE
Relevance of the theme of the research is caused by necessity of a scientific analysis of research positions of supporters and opponents of anti-Russian economic restrictions as well as by the need to provide a comprehensive assessment of the effectiveness of applying anti-Russian sanctions policy. Such restrictions were imposed by the countries – members of the EU, NATO, as well as Japan and Australia – against Russia in response to its annexation of Crimea in 2014 and participation in hostilities against Ukraine on the side of separatists. Russia, in turn, has banned imports of the food products from the EU countries. As a result, world economic order has undergone the dramatic changes: world trade war actually started.
To achieve the objectives of the study, which is a generalization and comprehensive assessment of effectiveness of research positions concerning anti-Russian economic restrictions, the following tasks were set and solved: firstly, an overview and analysis of scientific publications of national and foreign scientists were carried out. Thus the special attention was drawn to G. Soros proposal and responses to it by V. Heyets and O. Sharov about providing assistance to Ukraine (according to British experts’ estimations, in the amount of US$50 bln.) similar to which the USA provided to the countries of Europe according to the "Marshall plan". Second, analysis of the World Bank analysts’ forecasts of the impact of international restrictions on the Russian economy is performed. Third, statistical indicators of the Russian economy in 2014–2015 and I quarter of 2016 were analyzed.
Solving the tasks to achieve objectives of the research, gave grounds to the following conclusions: economic restrictions applied in regard to Russia by developed countries, are in line with national interests of Ukraine and is a deterrent of termination of Russian expansion towards our country. However, economic sanctions cannot be permanent ones; that is why Ukraine needs to develop and adopt on the legislative level a strategy for the realization of the national economic interests taking into account the lifting the anti-Russian economic restrictions.
Keywords: world economic order, national interests, global trade war, international economic restrictions, anti-Russian sanctions, annexation, embargo (ðð. 74–85).
1. Budkin V.S. Geopolitychni ta geoekonomichni naslidky rosiis’ko-ukrayins’kogo konfliktu [Geopolitical and geoeconomical consequences of Russo-Ukrainian conflict]. Aktual’ni problemy mizhnarodnykh vidnosyn – Actual Problems of International Relations. Kyiv, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Institute of International Relations, 2014, No. 121, Vol. 1, pp. 201–209 [in Ukrainian].
2. Gaidutskii P. ES – Rossiya: mify o sanktsiyakh [EU – Russia: myths about sanctions]. Zerkalo nedeli. Ukraina – Week’s Mirror. Ukraine, 2016, No. 23 [in Russian].
3. Heyets V.M. K voprosu primeneniya podkhodov “plana Marshalla” dlya Ukrainy [To the question of application of the approaches of the “Marshall plan” in Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 2015, No. 4, pp. 6–11 [in Russian].
4. Gorbulin V. 2017-i: prodolzhenie sleduet… [2017: to be continued...]. Zerkalo nedeli. Ukraina – Week’s Mirror.Ukraine, 2016, No. 24 [in Russian].
5. Sidenko V.R. Perspektyvy globalizatsii ekonomiky u konteksti khvylepodibnogo kharakteru rozvytku (teoretychnyi pidkhid) [The prospects of economic globalisation in the context of the wavy nature of development (a theoretical approach)]. Aktual’ni problemy mizhnarodnykh vidnosyn – Actual Problems of International Relations, Kyiv, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Institute of International Relations, 2014, No. 121, Vol. 2, pp. 16–25 [in Ukrainian].
6. Sharov A.N. Uroki i perspektivy “plana Marshalla” dlya Ukrainy [Lessons and perspectives of the “Marshall plan” for Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Economy of Ukraine, 2015, No. 4, pp. 12–18 [in Russian].
7. Milliarder Soros prizval ES organizovat' “plan Marshalla” dlya Ukrainy. UNIAN [Billionaire Soros called on the EU to organize a "Marshall Plan" for Ukraine. UNIAN], available at: http://economics.unian.net/finance/890737-milliarder-soros-prizval-es-organizovat-plan-marshalla-dlya-ukrainyi.html [in Russian].
8. Krugman P. Antipopulistskaya ekonomika Putina [Putin's anti-populist economy], available at: www.ng.ru/krugman/2015-02-16/5_putin.html [in Russian].
9. Maskin E. Rossiya talantliva i v silakh izmenit' kurs [Russia is talented and able to change course], available at: http://www.bbc.com/russian/business/2015/12/151208_eric_maskin_interview [in Russian].
10. Neuger J. Khochet Putin izmenit' mirovoy poryadok? [Is Putin bent on reshaping the world order?]. Bloomberg, 2015, available at: inosmi.ru/world/20150210/226162564.html [in Russian].
11. Dr Kostrzewa-Zorbas. Gdyby nie sankcje, wojska Rosji weszłyby do Kijowa [If there were no sanctions, Russian army would have entered Kyiv], available at: http://www.fronda.pl/a/dr-grzegorz-kostrzewa-zorbas-dla-frondapl-bez-sankcji-sily-rosyjskie-moglyby-byc-juz-na-przedmiesciach-kijowa,51362.html [in Polish].
12. Merkel': Rossiya narushila poslevoennyi miroporyadok v Evrope [Merkel: Russia violated the post-war world order in Europe]. Deutsche Welle, available at: inosmi.ru/world/20150123/225763252.html [in Russian].
13. Ostroukh A. Vsemirnyi bank ukhudshil prognoz po ekonomike Rossii [The World Bank downgraded forecast for the Russian economy]. The Wall Street Journal, 2015, available at: inosmi.ru/Russia/20150402/227254587.html [in Russian].
14. Tanas O. Spad rossiiskoi ekonomiki: men'she, chem ozhidalos' [Russia nears end of recession as GDP shrinks less than forecast]. Bloomberg, 2016, available at: inosmi.ru/economic/20160517/236549179.html [in Russian].
15. Kokotyukha A. Kupuyuchy Ukrainu, Zakhid mozhe rozorytysya i ne dosyagty mety [Buying Ukraine, the West may go bankrupt and not achieve the goal], available at: http://ua.112.ua/mnenie/kupuiuchy-ukrainu-zakhid-mozhe-rozorytysia-i-ne-dosiahty-mety-310347.html [in Ukrainian].
16. On the edge: Without a lot more Western help, Ukraine faces default. The Economist, 2015, January 17, available at: http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21639565-without-lot-more-western-help-ukraine-faces-default-edge.
17. Tsena prisoedineniya Kryma: ekonomicheskii spad kak rezul'tat sanktsii protiv Rossii [Price of Crimea annexation: the economic downturn as a result of sanctions against Russia], available at: inosmi.ru/economic/20160321/235799079.html [in Russian].
REFLECTIONS AFTER READING
V. M. G R A N A T U R O V,
Doctor of Econ. Sci.,
Professor of the Department of Project Management and System Analysis,
© Granaturov Volodymyr Mykhailovych, 2017; e-mail: email@example.com.
I. A. K O R A B L I N O V A,
Cand. of Econ. Sci.,
Assistant Professor of the Department of Economic Theory
Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications named after O.S. Popov
© Korablinova Iryna Anatoliivna, 2017; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE CONCEPTION OF “BLACK SWAN”:
CONTRADICTIONS AND APPLICABILITY IN THE MODERN BUSINESS
The purpose of the article is to review the book “The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable” by N.Taleb. A new surge of interest in the book was caused by its author’s visit to Ukraine and holding workshop “The Black Swan: to conquer and to win in a world of chaos.” In view of the active advertising campaign of information partners of the workshop, it is stated the author presents his own methodology to succeed in today's unpredictable environment.
However, as the analysis of the work shows, an attempt to explain what a particular author has gained through his experience may not always be correct from a scientific point of view.
It took 528 pages of the text for the author to deliver well-known opinion of the well-known scientists that the world of social sciences is full of power laws. Hence the obvious conclusion follows: to avoid errors in studying and use of randomness associated with rare events, one should apply tools based on use of power laws of probability distribution. At the same time, the author does not give proposals, or at least examples of practical application of this law.
The way of presentation and argumentation are not always convincing enough, and often even logically contradictory ones. This is clearly manifested in the proposed by the author “his own” means of struggle with the Black Swan and the strategy of this struggle, which are repackaging of known ideas.
As a result, we opined that the work does not contain anything new, and the question of attributing it to the scientific theory is at least a debatable one.
In our view, the suchlike works carry a certain danger. Readers, without basic theoretical and methodological training, can become that “black swan” for the development of science and economic education. The scientific community is required to explain these concepts, reveal contradictions in their presentation and analyze the feasibility of its application in practice of domestic business.
Keywords: randomness, uncertainty, rare events, law of probability distributions, concept, strategy, application (p. 86–95).
1. Granaturov V.M., Korablinova I.A. Sovremennye kontseptsii razvitiya kompanii: pro et contra [The modern concept of development of the company: pro et contra]. Visnyk Khmel’nyts’kogo natsional’nogo universytetu – Bulletin of Khmelnitsky National University, 2016, Vol. 2, ¹ 4, pp. 67–75 [in Russian].
2. Taleb N.N. Chernyi Lebed'. Pod Znakom Nepredskazuemosti [The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable]. M. Tyun’kina (Ed.). Moskow, KoLibri, 2010 [in Russian].
3. Nassim Taleb v Kieve [Nassim Taleb in Kiev], available at: https://www.facebook.com/BlackSwanKiev/ [in Russian].
4. Hardy G.H. Apologiya Matematiki [A Mathematician's Apology]. Izhevsk, SPC «The Regular and Chaotic Dynamics», 2000 [in Russian].
5. Ufimtsev R. Stepennye zakony, raspredeleniya Pareto i zakon Zipfa [Power laws, Pareto distributions and Zipf's Law], available at: http://www.cognitivist.ru/er/kernel/power laws_1.xml [in Russian].
6. Kolesnik A.A. Mudrost' Vekov. 1000 Samykh Vazhnykh Myslei v Istorii Chelovechestva [Wisdom of the Ages. 1000 of the Most Important Ideas in the History of Mankind]. Moskow, Eksmo, 2013 [in Russian].
7. Baudrillard J. Simulyakry i Simulyatsiya [Simulacres et Simulation]. Tula, Tul'skii poligrafist, 2013 [in Russian].
EDITORIAL POLICY AND ETHICAL PRINCIPLES
|No. 11-12/ 2018|
C O N T E N T S, No. 11-12, 2018 UDC 339.1+339.9 V O L O... »
|¹ 10, 2018|
C O N T E N T S, No. 10, 2018 V A L E R I I H... »
|¹ 9, 2018|
C O N T E N T S, No. 9, 2018 UDC 338.656.502 A... »
|¹ 8, 2018|
C O N T E N T S, No. 8, 2018 GOVERNING THE... »
|¹ 7, 2018|
C O N T E N T S, No. 7, 2018 SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC... »
|¹ 6, 2018|
C O N T E N T S, No. 6, 2018 UDC 339.92 Z... »
|¹ 5, 2018|
C O N T E N T S, No. 5, 2018 UDC 338.43.01(477) O... »
SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC 005.21:005.332.4:339.92(477) V O L O... »
SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC... »
SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC 330.101 P E T R O E S... »
|¹ 1, 2018|
PROBLEMS OF THE ECONOMIC THEORY UDC 331.522.4 G E N N A... »
|¹ 12, 2017|
SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS UDC 330.341.424:339.9 M. I. Z V E... »